Monday 9 October 2017

Jumping on the Bulletjournal train

Hello all and thanks for dropping by this very quiet blog... As most of you know I am away from home spending time with my grandchildren and blogging has had to take a bit of a back seat. But, whenever there is a moment I try to create something, and today I have something very different to share with you.
Those who know me well, know that I love planners and journals. I have used a variety of planners, shop bought and home made for years. There are an endless variety of planners out there and a huge planner community.

For a while now I have been watching the phenomenon of bullet journaling. If you don't know what a bullet journal is, you can find out about it HERE.
The more I found out about bullet journalling, the more I liked it, as you can adapt it to whatever works for you. It can be as clean and simple, or as colour, - and artful as you like and there are some amazing artists out there who are into this planning system and can give you great inspiration. Both Pinterest and Instgram are great to find them, there are also hundreds of youtubes. Basically all you need is a pen and a notebook to get started, but after that you can make it as fancy as you want.
Anyway, onto my pages, as I started this in October, the first page shows my October cover page. Cover pages are a bit of an extra really, but it's those creative aspects I really enjoy and that get me into the mood. Below some close ups:
I used coloured pencils, pens and some colourful washi tapes. While in China I found some amazing washi tapes on Etsy, really different ones from the usual brightly coloured tapes, if you are interested, here are some links:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/alicemolds
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/pikwahchan?section_id=11503157
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TapesKingdom
One of the things I love about the bullet journal concept is that I can practise both my lettering and my drawing, while at the same time giving some structure to my life, something I know I am going to need during retirement. So here are some further samples:

My monthly overview spread for this month, basically giving a quick view of the month ahead.



I also do weekly spreads and the one for this week is below:

Weekly spreads can contain lots of trackers, habits, sleep, water consumption, whatever you want, and ofcourse each day will have to dos and events listed too - that is the beauty of this system. You are totally free to make it your own and add what you like or find useful.

Finally people also add "collections", pages where you note down things you want to remember or keep track of. Below just a couple I have done so far, - I plan to do several more, but that will keep for another time...
No more forgetting birthdays with this list. Each month I can refer back to this and add the list of people to my monthly spread which also has a section for birthdays.

Well, that's it for now, hope my usual followers are not too disappointed that this is not my usual vintage mixed media stuff, but when I am back home again at some point next month, normal blogging will start again. Until such time, thanks for dropping by today, have a good week and happy creating!
xxxxx

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal, have fun filling it. Hugs, Valerie

ike said...

How fabulous - this is delightful :-) xx

bkazoo said...

Beautiful. Loved peaking in at your fabulous layouts

Meggymay said...

This is a great idea for journal layouts. i think you will have fun with this project.
Enjoy the rest of your time with your family.
Yvonne xx

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful work as always!!

Dorthe said...

Astrid such a beautiful work- did you paint it all yourself, it looks amazing- and a fantastic planner to you !!
Dorthe, xxoo

froebelsternchen said...

What an amazing artistic planner! I am in awe of this! WOW!!!
Absolutely beautiful!
oxo Susi

Redanne said...

I certainly am not disappointed, this is so creative Astrid, full of wonderful colours and drawings - and it is practical too, what could be better than that! I am off to have a look at some Pinterest examples now, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful designs! Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a creative way of keeping a journal! I'd never heard of a bullet journal before and enjoyed reading more on the link you provided, thank you 😁. Your pages are beautifully written and illustrated - perfect! I'm glad you are having fun making happy memories with your grandchildren 😁. Wishing you a happy new week, enjoy! J 😊

sarascloset said...

Great idea, Astrid, and so beautiful, too! I love your drawings and script to personalize such a useful journal. Those washi tapes are so unique...thank you for sharing your source. I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family and enjoying your birthday (month). Sending hugs!

Lenet said...

Love love love it.. love your illustrations and the whole setup of the month.

Words and Pictures said...

How delightful - looks like you're having so much fun playing with this new form of journal. I've a friend who's very into the whole bullet journalling thing and, as you say, it's different in everybody's hands. I love the artistic bent of yours with those charming pencil and watercolour sketches. Your October garland is just lovely. What a great way to give yourself new structures now that work is taking a back seat. Hope you're having a fabulous time with the family.
Alison x

CraftyHope said...

I've been Bullet Journaling for a while now and simply love it. Mine is less artistic and more functional, though I would love to try to bring more art into it. BuJos are so great because of the flexibility and personality that each user can bring to them. I love the direction you're going with it and hope you share more of your pages.

Julia Aston said...

This is wonderful Astrid - I love all the stampings and bits throughout all the pages - the monthly calendar and extra charts and graphs!

UplayOnline said...

I love the direction you're going with it and hope you share more of your pages.


ทางบ้าน

maj. said...

It is beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key